DETOXIFICATION- THE ESSENTIAl WAY TO CLEANSE THE BODY
Detoxification is the method of removing toxins from the body. The modern age lifestyle is characterised by less or no amount of exercise, unhealthy foods & weird hours of sleeping. With the intake of processed foods & sugary drinks, body deposits lots of toxins in the body. The human body needs a proper cleansing process to get rid of such harmful accumulated toxins. This is because the toxins have a deep impact on our body leading to various diseases. These toxins affect various parts of our body like liver, kidney, intestines, etc.
Effects of toxins on our body
Toxins mean something poisonous or dirty. Rising levels of toxins lead to difficulty in many processes showing various signs & symptoms. Some of these symptoms are-
1. Irritable bowel syndrome
2. Abnormal weight gain
3. Back pain
4. Inflammation of bones & organs
5. Acidity & indigestion
6. Poor memory
7. Stomach pai
9. Fatigue & tiredness
10. Bad breath
12. Skin allergie
Why is Detoxification needed?
Detoxification is needed to keep the liver active & healthy. With the constant accumulation of toxins, our body suffers from issues mentioned above. When the body is provided unhealthy foods & hectic lifestyle, liver tends to utilise energy in the digestion & cleansing of the system. This increases fatigue & laziness in the body. In order to cleanse the body & ensure smooth functioning of organs, detoxification is required.
Types of Toxins
Majorly there are two types of toxins found in the body. Find more information about these toxins hereunder-
1. Endotoxins- These are the substances created inside our body, which are usually harmful. Example of endotoxins are-
i. Substances formed by liver conjugation
iii. Toxins created by gut bacteria
2. Exotoxins- These can be any polluted or harmful substance which enters our body & is not created within our body. Example of exotoxins are-
i. Polluted air
ii. Chemical products
iii. Processed foods & drinks
Organs involved in detoxification
Detoxification involves mainly liver. Other than liver, gut, kidney & skin also take care of the detoxification process.
1. Liver Detoxification- Liver is the most important organ in the process of detoxification. Liver does the work of converting toxins into removable waste. When this activity needs to be performed several times by the liver, it usually becomes weak & unable to perform the task of cleansing, which increases the level of toxins in the body. It is essential to detoxify the body naturally & reduce the burden of the liver to get the benefits of a healthy body.
2. Blood Purification- When there is a regular flow of toxins in the body the toxins enter the blood & blood cells. With the entry of toxins into the blood cells, there is a possibility of cardiovascular issues in the body. Thus, there arises the need for blood purification. It is basically done to prevent the entry of toxins & to reduce the level of toxins from the blood.
3. Kidney Detoxification- Kidneys are mainly involved in the work of removing toxins from the body through urine. This is called kidney detoxification. Low functioning of the kidney can lead to increasing levels of ammonia in the body. This further increases the risk of blood pressure & cardiovascular issues. 4. Cellular Detoxification- Cells too have the tendency of clearing out the toxins, which is known as cellular detoxification. With the improper detoxification, toxins get accumulated and damage mitochondria & DNA which eventually ends up in many fatal diseases like cancer.
Ways to detoxify the body
With the hectic schedules, tight deadlines & too much stress, the body gets neglected time & again. After piling up the body with junk food & too many contaminated drinks, the body craves for a good detoxification process, failure of which can lead to deadly diseases. Some really easy & effective ways of detoxification are given below-
1. Healthy Foods- Quality of food taken determines the level of toxins in our body. Foods that are processed & fried contain too many toxins which really hamper the productivity of the liver. Healthy foods have a great impact on our body. These foods include fruits, green vegetables, dry foods, etc which have antioxidants in them along with low calorific value. The fibre & juices help in reducing toxins from the body & gives sufficient amount of energy which can be used by the organs of the body. Foods that should be avoided at all costs are refined foods, sugar, too much caffeine, junk foods, etc.
2. Exercises- When we exercise, our body releases toxins through sweat. Sweat contains salts, toxins and waste which are not used by our body. Exercise gives a light effect on the body by giving out the waste & thus plays an important role in detoxification.
3. Hydrating Effect- Water has great refreshing qualities. Other than reviving our body, it cleanses our system. It is also present in the sweat generated by our body & our breath that we exhale. Thus it helps in three-way detoxification.
4. Yoga & Meditation- Yoga is a cleansing method not only for our body but also for the soul & mind. It takes care of complete mental & physical well-being. Yoga includes the removal of toxins, bad thoughts & negative energy from the body. It is an easy & effective way of detoxification.
5. Natural Detoxification- Natural complete detoxification is the natural way of cleansing the system. It involves of taking in natural nutritional supplements that contain the power of removing toxins from the body. Such supplements do not have any side-effect, unlike artificial laxatives. These are enriched with wonderful soothing herbs that contain healing properties as well. The herbs that are usually part of such supplements are turmeric, aloe vera, ginger, Indian gooseberry, lemon, neem, tulsi, etc. All these herbs have detoxification quality other than healing, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, antibiotic, anti-bacterial & anti-carcinogenic properties. These herbs serve as true friends of the human body.
Other than the ways mentioned above, try doing these things for better detoxification. Avoid skin care products or oral products with too many chemicals. Quit smoking & drinking. Purify air in case there is too much air pollution. These small steps can make your body completely clean & happy! Take Care!