Why Should We Move Towards Plant Based Foods
Food is the key component of our life, it provides natural fuel or energy to run all the body function smoothly and help us to fight with the various diseases, but without right choice of food, our metabolism getssluggish or we may get overweight or undernourished, we may develop certain life threatening diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular problem and arthritis, eventually our health start to decline.
Food provides nutrient that nourishes the body and essential for the maintenance, growth and the development of cells and overall body. Carbohydrates, vitamins, fats, minerals, proteins and water are the essential nutrients that are necessary to sustain life. It is surprising to know that we can get all these essential nutrients,just by simply opting plant based diet that includes fruits, vegetables, legumes, seeds and nuts. Plant based foods offer immense benefits such as:
• Plant based foods not only prevents well known chronic diseases, but also help to reverse such diseases, even such type of foods eliminate the disease completely.
• Plant based food provide us rich content of multivitamins, anti-oxidants and phytochemicals such as anthocyanins, curcuminoids, resveratrol and many more, which help with glowing skin, collagen production and even reduces the chance of skin cancer and other skin related ailments.
• High water content in plant based foods such as fruits and vegetables provides sufficient hydration and minerals, which is best for the skin, bone health and other essential metabolic functions; moreover fibers from these fruits and vegetables also provide support to the digestive health.
• Opting plant based diet reduces the health related issues, from diabetes to dementia. Whole grain, legumes, fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of a number of illnesses including, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, dementia and heart disease.
• Preferring plant based food may influence the multiple pathways of the diseases. Plant based food contains complex mixtures of natural chemicals, minerals, fibers and vitamins, which combat free radicals, lower inflammation and promotes gut friendly bacteria.
• From the certain evidence and studies it has been found that diets that are high in animal based foods increase disrupt the healthy flora of intestine, but also contribute to the inflammation thus promotes different types of chronic illnesses, obesity, ulcers, gastrointestinal problems and colon cancer in contrast plant based foods provides high fibers coming from legumes, seeds and grains that add healthy bacteria to the gut and reduces the chance of obesity and colon cancer.
• A plant based foods offer healthy fats, proteins and less cholesterol,: plant based fats come from olive oil, seeds and nuts that provide high density lipoproteins, which is a heart healthy fat, moreover plants also provide proteins that help in cell damage and repair.
• The fiber content of the plants prevents excess accumulation of fats, fruits and vegetables also makeweight loss easy by just providing the fewer calories.
• Plants are easily available; they are free from cholesterol, rich in carbohydrates, fibers, folate, calcium, magnesium, vitamin E and C that greatly reduces the chance of renal disease, osteoporosis, diabetes (type 2)and heart disease. It has been found from the research consuming cholesterol lowering plants reduces the low density lipoproteins.
• Herbs also belong to the plants, which restore normal health, heal, nourish the body, eliminate the root cause completely and boost the immune system without much downside, compared to the animal based medicines and supplements.Besides animal based products are not easy to digest since they are derived from the animal by-products, which are made of complex molecules that take plenty of time to digest and impose additional burden on the kidney.
• Plant based foods not only improve health and also impose less threat on the environment such as land expansion and adding green house gases, compared to the dairy and animal based foods, thus positively contributing in the better environment.
It is better to adopt a plant based diet for the long lasting health, it means adding more and more plant based variety of legumes, nut, seeds, whole grains, whole fruits and vegetables and reducing the intake of dairy food and other animal based foods. A moderate change such as replacing animal based proteins with the plant based proteins will go a long way and would have a positive effect on the health and the planet too.