ARTHRITIS TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA
Inflammation of one or more joints, causing pain and stiffness that can worsen with age.
In a world where diseases are ready to hit any part of the body, joints are also quite vulnerable. One of the most common joint issues is Arthritis. People are suffering from this disease but very few are aware of the causes and ways of curing this issue. Here are all the details related to arthritis that can help anyone suffering from the problem to get rid of it.
WHAT IS ARTHRITIS?
The word arthritis depicts inflammation of joints. It is a relatively broad term for several medical conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system. It is basically caused due to the inflammation of bones, joints and connective tissue. It can affect one or many joints. Arthritis is most common in adults over 65 years of age, but it is also possible in children and younger people.
TYPES OF ARTHRITIS
There are many types of arthritis out of which two types are very common and prominent. These two types are Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. There are different symptoms of both these body conditions. Osteoarthritis is usually caused by the physical wear and tear of the joints whereas rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease where immune system weakens the joints. We shall discuss rheumatoid arthritis here.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis ?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that affects the joints of the entire body. It is characterised by swelling, inflammation, redness and pain. When rheumatoid arthritis begins at the tender age of 16 years, it is known as juvenile idiopathic arthritis. This disease is capable of damaging the joints permanently and hurting other body parts, if not treated at the proper time. Proper and quality treatment can be act as rheumatoid arthritis cure.
CAUSES OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused when the immune system starts attacking healthy body tissue. Reasons behind this are not clearly known. The specific reason has not yet been ascertained but there are many other causes that are likely to be associated with this illness.
SOME CAUSES OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS ARE GIVEN BELOW -
Smoking: People who have the habit of smoking are more likely to be affected by this illness.
Genetic Problem: People whose parents have suffered from rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to develop this problem in their body.
Age Factor: Elderly people with between the ages of 40 to 60 are more likely to get this body issue.
Gender: Women are more prone to develop this disease than men. This is because it is influenced by hormonal changes which are different in both men and women.
Weight: Individuals who are obese reflect more such issues than people who have balanced weight.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS?
It is required to visit a doctor for the proper diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Doctor can ask the following tests to be done -
2. Blood Tests
3. Bone Mineral Density Test
SYMPTOMS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
»Joint Pain: Pain in any joint of the body. This is possible in the hands, feet, knees, back, ankles etc.
» Limping: There can be difficulty in walking. This condition can be for any duration of time. It generally happens when rheumatoid arthritis affects feet, knees, back etc.
» Pain: Pain in other parts of the body, especially muscular pain.
» Inflammation: Inflammation of the joints. Swelling may vary from time to time. Too much swelling results in pain and redness.
» Fatigue: Too much tiredness or inability to work properly.
» Redness: Redness on the skin over the joints can be seen.
»Stiffness of joints: Stiffness of joints can be felt while getting up or moving especially after a period of rest and in the morning. It is quite a common symptom of arthritis.
» Numbness: Rheumatoid arthritis might result in numbness in hands or feet due to excessive pressure on the nerves laid by inflammatory conditions.
» Joint distortion: When rheumatoid arthritis is not cured timely and it exists for a prolonged period, joint distortion begins which gives an unnatural shape to our joints. It happens due to the destruction of both cartilage and bone.
» Fever: It is not a usual symptom of rheumatoid arthritis, but some patients might feel feverish due to excessive inflammation of the body.
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS CURE
The first step to curing rheumatoid arthritis is to control and reduce inflammation in the joints. This should be done as soon as possible. Following treatments can be used for good rheumatoid arthritis cure:
1. Joint Exercises and Physical Therapy: Joint exercises are very helpful in arthritis but exercises that put excessive pressure on the joints should be avoided. There should not be too much pressure laid on the joints or muscles. Light exercises are advised for people with this health condition.
2. Allopathic Medications: Allopathic medicines prescribed by a doctor should be taken regularly. Special diagnosis should be done by the doctor before prescribing any allopathic medication. Allopathic medications for arthritis should not be taken before prior advice of the doctor as they are based on chemicals and can have harmful effects on the body.
3. Rest: Sleep is essential for a healthy body but those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis specially need an adequate amount of sleep. This can be done by ensuring 8 hours of sleep daily. Small naps during the day are also suggested. This eases tension and stress from the body.
4. Nutritional Supplements: Natural herbs have the power to reverse the side-effects of drugs and medicines. Herbs also help in maintaining hormonal balance of the body. Other than this, herbs gently take care of various organs in the body and protect them from the harmful side effects of allopathic medication that ultimately results in better health conditions. Nutritional supplements which are formulated with herbal compositions are a really good rheumatoid arthritis cure. Some of these natural herbs which are essential parts of nutritional supplements are:
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It also relieves the pain that occurs in swelling.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric is an age-old body healer. It heals the body and reduces pain and stiffness, which are the main symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. It has very strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which help in reducing inflammation and protects vital organs of the body.
3. Ginger: Ginger is very effective in joint pain and inflammation of joints. It also reduces pain in the muscles and bones.
4. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha improves joint health and strengthens collagen bonds. It also reduces swelling and relieves pain and provides energy to the body.
5. Black pepper: Black pepper has an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory action on the body.
A nutritional supplement that has a combination of the herbs mentioned above can help in rheumatoid arthritis cure.Situations in rheumatoid arthritis might be really bad but consistent efforts, extra care, timely medications and positive attitude can tackle any health situation. Take Care!